1. Find the right representativeThe experience and knowledge of a dedicated real estate professional can be priceless. A good Realtor® forms a powerful team with his or her clients that makes it possible for them to have a smooth, successful, stress-free sale.
2. Determine your needs/wants for the sale and for your new homeSelling your primary residence can be tricky because you have to simultaneously be thinking about where you would like to buy. First weigh your priorities – selling price is certainly important, but having a quick and efficient sale can often be worth accepting a slightly lower offer. Talk to your agent and make sure you’re comfortable with where your priorities are.
At the same time, you should be compiling a needs/wants list for the home you will buy. You will probably have to act fairly quickly when your house sells, so any amount of preparation you can do will serve you well.
3. Prepare your house for showingUnderprepared homes can be sales disasters. Your home will never get as much attention from potential buyers as when it is first listed, so clearing clutter, cleaning, making repairs, and putting your home’s best foot forward is essential. Don’t “open for business” until your home is ready to be seen as favorably as possible.
4. Find out what your local market looks likeBeing realistic about your market is the key to a smooth sale. There is no substitute for a professional real estate representative when it comes to local market knowledge.
5. List away!Lots of photos and online exposure are the key to getting a good response for your listing. Working with an agent who uses Point2 Agent software is a great step in the right direction. Now just “open” the house and sit back and wait for the flood of eager buyers!
I can give you an educated idea of what your home’s value is based on experience, local knowledge, and comparable actual sales in your area! I am happy to be able to provide this service free of charge.
I can work hard to help you have a smooth successful sale. I am dedicated, experienced with local market conditions, and I have helped move many houses in Eatonton.
Take a look at a few of the houses I’ve sold!
What is the best thing you can do during showings of your house?
Read More »»